,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Unexpected Surprise

Jim called me yesterday afternoon to let me know that he would not be home after work. He had just gotten an e-mail from our friend Mike D. who was in town and wanted to meet for dinner. Mike and his wife Chris, and their daughter and son-in-law moved from here to North Carolina a while back. Jim was thrilled for a chance to spend some time with him. Their other buddy Bob D. (who thankfully still lives close) was able to join them at John's restaurant, here in town. They spent some quality time catching up over John's chicken orzo soup (famous in these parts) and "tastes like home cookin" meals. So wonderful that they could be together.





Mike, Bob and Jim at John's last night. What a great surprise.




I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. It was frigid and snowing. When I let our dog Tofu out, the back deck looked as if fairies had come during the night and sprinkled sparkly dust. It was so beautiful.




That was really the temp. at 6:30am, and it is only supposed to get colder tonight.



The view out our front door.




Off the back deck.




Out the kitchen window. Beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, stuffed chicken breasts with homemade gravy! Do you have enough for a couple more people??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope at least one of them had a calzone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No calzones last night... ha ha

    ReplyDelete