,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mystery Solved

I was on my way home from Southbury yesterday, I came the long way through Woodbury because I love that drive. I was crossing over Rte. 84 on South St. in Middlebury and there perched on the bridge looking down on the highway, was a much larger version of the bird Jim and I saw last week. I passed it quickly and then turned around so that I could take a picture of it with my phone. I pulled along side of it, and was only about 5 feet away. I rolled down my window and I must have spooked it because it seemed to just fall off of the bridge. I put my phone down and when I looked up it was swooping right toward my open window. I screamed and truly thought that it was going to fly right in. It didn't, but flew right across the front of the car so I got a great "up close" look. At that close range it reminded me of a golden eagle, it was huge and seemed to cover the entire windshield with it's wings. We think it was either a red shouldered hawk, or red tailed hawk. Amazing. So, no hawk picture, but here are some of my scenic ride home.







No comments:

Post a Comment