,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's cold out baby!




Thought this blog might be a fun way for far away friends and family to keep updated with stuff that's going on with us. I (Patti) have been a blog "lurker" for some time and find it fascinating. There are amazing christian blogs out there! Recently several family members have started their own blogs and it is so great to get a glimpse of what is going on in the lives of the people we love. I wish we could all still live in Connecticut...but since we don't I think this is a great way to help stay close.


Happy New Year everyone! We are laying low today after a busy Christmas season. As many of you know, John married Cassie Dykes this past November and this was his first Christmas away from home (our turn next year). Consequently, we celebrated 2 Christmas's. Our first was the weekend before the real Christmas with all of us Kyte's and John's buddy Roger whom we love and think of as part of our family. We had a wonderful weekend together. Plently of snow and traditional family fun. On Tues. we were off to Cape Cod to see my Mom and my sister and her family. For Christmas it was just the four of us for a very quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We were also blessed to have our dearest friends and their families over to celebrate again this past Monday. It was great!


Love to all that we couldn't see this year. Hopefully next year we can all be together again.

1 comment:

  1. Love the jams Pat, we kept the tradition also. Deb

    ReplyDelete