,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Friday, January 2, 2009

TGIF!

The holiday's are officially over. It's both sad and a relief to me. I am off to work this morning while my family snoozes away upstairs. Jim and Zach are still on vacation and Kate is job hunting once again.
It is cold again today (20 at 7am), and I think we are supposed to get a smattering of snow later this evening. Tofu is snuggled up beside me as I write this, trying to keep warm while we wait for the heat to warm things up.
I am working tomorrow. I work on Saturdays now taking care of a 100 year old woman in Southbury. My girlfriend Maryann owns her own home care company. When I was not having much luck finding a full time job, she was sweet enough to offer me some time with one of her clients. It has been a long time since my nurses aide days, but I guess it's just like riding a bike, it all came back to me pretty quick. I miss my Saturdays off, but am so grateful for this job. I am still looking for the "perfect" full time position.
We are heading down to Brooklyn this Sunday to deliver John and Cassie's Christmas gifts that they couldn't take back with them on the train. We'll head down after church and because we're already in Fairfield it's a pretty quick ride. Can't wait to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I'm so glad you are doing it! It's great fun to read and be able to keep up with everyone else's lives!

    ReplyDelete