Day to Day musings about whats going on in the KYTE family...
,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody
Friday, January 23, 2009
Mystery
Jim spotted this large bird up in our oak tree this morning. The pictures do not show how huge it really is. At first we thought it was an owl because of it's size, but on closer inspection it had a hawk type face. It had a tannish spotted breast, tinged in orange. It's tail hung way down, and it was black and white striped. If anybody knows what kind of bird this is, please post a comment for me. There have been recent reports of hawks scooping up small dogs in our area, so we are being cautious when letting Tofu out.
These pics are blurry...taken thru the bathroom screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment