Day to Day musings about whats going on in the KYTE family...
,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
NYC
As planned, Jim and I headed down to Brooklyn on Sunday for a visit with John and Cassie. After unloading the car, we headed out for brunch at "Bar Tabac" a cute french restaurant in the Cobblehill section of Brooklyn. It seems as tho the thing to do on Sunday's in Brooklyn is brunch. Every restaurant that we have ever gone to is usually crowded with hip, young, "Brooklynites". Needless to say Jim and I probably look a bit out of place. The food was delicious and it was so great to be with the kids again! It is my mission to try every type of eggs benedict offered in the Brooklyn area. Let me tell you, Sundays offering did not disappoint. Scottish smoked salmon topped with perfect poached eggs and a lemony hollandaise. Words don't do it justice. There was even live music. After a quick jaunt to a new Trader Joe's, it was back to their cozy apartment. Such a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment