,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday

Today, if all goes according to the plan, I will bring Jimmy home from the hospital. I am so thankful.
On Monday night I drove him to the hospital where they told us that he was having a heart attack. Quick intervention and the miracle of modern procedures fixed up his blocked arteries and a caring hospital staff and doctors have reassured a very frightened family.
Guess what? It was not Jimmy's time to go to heaven on Monday night. God still wants him to be here and I get to talk about my husband in the present tense! We have had another Tuesday together and we will have the gift of this day. I do not know what the future will look like, but for now, This is the day the LORD has made (and Jim Kyte gets to be a part of it!!!); let us rejoice and be glad in it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment