,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, December 30, 2010

So Long Until Next Year


The holiday season is drawing to a close and I have that melancholy feeling that I have every year at this time. Does anybody else get this sad?

It is 6:30am, still dark outside. I am sitting in the living room with the tree lit and I just want to stay in this moment forever. I do want to put this all away.

I was on the phone with my Mom yesterday and we were discussing this very thing. She reminded me that even tho it is sad, it always feels very good when everything is clean, tidy and back to normal. So I will concentrate on that and maybe have a good cry to make myself feel better. Seriously, sometimes you just need a good cry.

I am off to work today and then looking forward to another 3 days off. I am bound and determined to take a nice long walk on the snowy bridal trail if it's not too cold. Maybe Jim Kyte will join me. I'd like to bake something, make a nice meal for my family, spend time with my book, play with the pup. Welcome in the New Year right here at home. Typing these things is making me feel a bit better. On we go...






1 comment:

  1. Your tree is very lovely!

    I think part of the sadness we feel comes from having the anticipation of Christmas over and a long wait until spring. The real blahs usually hit me around February.

    ReplyDelete