,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010


It has been a whirlwind in our house for about a month. There have been really good times and really scary times. I feel like I stepped on a roller coaster right before Thanksgiving...fun and scary all rolled up into one crazy ride.
Trying to prepare for Christmas has been interesting for me. You know me, I do things a certain way, I am prepared well in advance and by the week before Christmas, I usually have nothing to do but sit in front of the tree with a good book, Christmas cookies, and a hot cup of tea. Today is Christmas Eve and I am actually going out to do a few last minute things! I have not watched one Christmas movie all the way through to the end. I have a pile of presents sitting right here beside me waiting to be wrapped. All of this would usually un-nerve me to the point of heart palpitations. Here is what saved me. Earlier in the week, I started once again making my way through the Gospel of Luke. Slowly, savoring each verse...letting the history of the first Christmas creep into my heart and mind. I got off of the roller coaster last Monday and the peace and joy of Christmas has finally settled over me.
This morning before I got out of bed, I slid over to Jimmy's side. He put his arms around me and I laid my head right on his chest. I heard his heart thudding away in there and joy just rolled over me like an ocean wave.
In about an hour we will make our way out into the craziness...together. TOGETHER! I have never typed a sweeter word. When we come home, my plan is to light a fire and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" together. All the way through! Merry Christmas to me.


The Kyte family will celebrate Christmas tomorrow, together. My cup is overflowing.


Merry Christmas everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I love this entry, Patti... it touched my heart <3
    Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete