,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

It's Saturday night and we just said goodbye to the last of our Thanksgiving guests. I am so sad to see it all come to an end. It was so much fun to plan and put everything together for our family, and it was even more wonderful when everyone finally arrived. Lorraine and Al arrived on Tuesday night so that we could cook all day Wednesday. The Vanhorne kids and families arrived Wed. night, John and Cassie and Debbie and Tom arrived Thanksgiving morning. It was so great to be with everyone. We hardly get together anymore and it was so special to spend some real time with everyone. We even got to celebrate Dan's 30th birthday with him. What a great holiday!

Jameson and Alex all snugly

Hannah, Ben and Connor

Tofu was such a good pup

Okay, I know this is a terrible picture of me...but look at this cutie on my lap!This is Dave and Erin's daughter Ava. She pulled out my Martha Stewart magazines and wanted to look through them with me. Love it!

The kids decorated the tablecloth for their table

Connor, Ava, Dave and Tara


Grandma helping Jameson

They did a great job!


Silly boy

Playing games and waiting for dinner


Tara and I set the table

It looked so pretty

Jim carving the turkey and Kate right along side helping him

Giving thanks.

Finally....time to eat


John and Danny

Rainy making Danny's birthday dinner. Yum!

The happy birthday boy


Little cousin buddies

Big cousin buddies

All set to go home...exhausted


The goodbye shot. The entire Vanhorne family!

No comments:

Post a Comment