,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Monday, April 6, 2009

Random

I have no pictures to post. Boring...right. Sorry!
Here's some news from 166. I broke my glasses 2 weeks ago, I actually sat on them. Horror. It had taken me so long to pick them out. I ordered the same pair and then last Friday, Lens Crafters called me to say they have been discontinued. More horror. I finally decided on a pair that I thought was similar, only to realize today that I look like Clark Kent with them on. Our Tv broke 2 weeks ago and the repair man finally called back and told me that it will cost 330.00 to fix it. Jim's car had a flat on Saturday and we realized that we need to replace all four tires NOW. The hot water faucet broke in my bathroom sink...thank goodness that Jim can repair that when he has a spare hour or two. I am without a book right now and anxiouly waiting for 2 selections from Paperback Swap to arrive. No book, no TV.
On the upside, with all my spare time I have organized ALL of our family pictures. I purchased 6 beautiful black leather albums and am in the process of getting them all in. I feel so good about that. In fact, I scanned a bunch of "old school" Easter pics that I will be putting up this weekend. Big hair, big glasses, too funny. Lets see, oh, Zach is loving his new job! He got his first paycheck on Friday. I filled in for our receptionist today (vacation) and really enjoyed it. It is nice to put faces to the names. Kate spent the weekend with John and Cassie and I have been promised pictures for the blog, which I will put up as soon as I have them. Ummmm, Jim and Zach worked outside in the yard on Sunday and it is starting to come together. John and Cassie will be here for Easter...nice. I ordered a "Honey Baked Ham" today and rolls from the New England Bakery. Yesterday was Palm Sunday and last night in bed Jimmy recounted Jesus's entry into Jerusalem on a donkey's colt...I never get tired of hearing it. Ok, I think that catches us up, the good (this is Holy Week), the bad (money flying out of the checkbook like there's no tomorrow) and the ugly (Clark Kent glasses). Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE you! You're so clever and funny and your blogs make me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you post comments! It reminds me that someone is actually reading this. Miss you like crazy! Can't wait to see your parents next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so jealous of them! We can't wait to make a trip out and stay with you guys.
    I'm glad you like my comments! Hardly anyone does on mine, but I love to blog anyways. :)
    Hey, it seems like you read a lot - do you have any recommendations for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you coming...how great that will be! Maybe you'll love it here and stay forever. I do read alot, here's my recent fav's
    The Mitford Series-Jan Caron
    Water for Elephants-Sara Gruen
    I also like Jodi Picoult
    I love your blog. I always check it for updates.

    ReplyDelete