,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Full Time

After a busy week of interviews, family discussion, and much praying...I have decided to accept a full time position. I will be working with an Internal Medicine practice in Waterbury beginning May 4th. I am nervous about starting all over again, but have a real peace about my decision. Full time will mean a big adjustment for me and the fam. It is necessary at this time...so I am trying to focus on the positives, and not even think about how my heart is pulled toward home and family. Whoops, I just let my mind go down that road. A huge factor in my decision is I will be salaried, but only working 34 hrs...done in 4 days. So great! Never any weekends. Yay! More days and long weekends off throughout the year. It is so close to home...quick drive (10 min). So off I go into the reality of full time, and so it will probably be until I stop working for good.
I have been so blessed to have been a homemaker for so long. Jim's hard work allowed for that to be a reality. That being said, we always felt like a team and that both of our contributions to our family were equally important. Even when it was finally necessary for me to work...God provided a job that I was able to do from home for 12 years and then an additional part time job in my own town with such flexibility it was unbelievable.
He has provided again for us in such an amazing way. Zach is wrapping up his senior year and off to college in the fall...the timing for this move is just right.
So, on May 4th I join the "real" workforce, excited to take on a new challenge.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Aunt Patti! What a big change for you guys! The perks sound so awesome, like the perfect fit. I really hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete