Today was a hard day for me. My boss and co-workers gave me a pizza party farewell lunch. I am so sad to leave my comfy job at Physicians Health. I talk a good game. Looking forward to the challenge of a new job...blah blah, more money...blah blah blah, new people to meet... blah blah blah blah. The truth is, I am devastated that I have to leave. I turn in my key tomorrow and I could literally howl with the sadness that I feel. I know, I know...I chose this, I sought out this change, and although I am so grateful for this new opportunity, it does not lessen the feelings that I have about leaving.
I received a bunch of cards, a plant, lots of hugs and well wishes, but a note from Dr. Yoo touched my heart the most. It said
Patti,
What about me??
Who is going to take care of me?
I am so sad.
Dr. Yoo
My sentiments exactly.
So tomorow after 10 years, I will say so long to PHWC. Makes me think of a line I heard in a movie once...
* Momma says, that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will...
HI Patti - You have put into words exactly how I felt when I left Quaker Farms School. i had a new beginning to go to and it was a good one, but leaving what was so comfortable and important was sooooo hard. You will do well and the people at your new place will love you, but the place you leave is better because you were there. When I left I wish I had known how people felt because it may have made a difference on what I did. So as you leave tomorrow all tearied eyed and wondering, know I will be praying for you and know exactly how you feel. I love you dear friend. Chris
ReplyDeleteChris,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that with me. I cannot imagine how hard that was for you, leaving everything comfortable and so familiar. Starting a new life. You are very brave. Thank you for praying for me. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me, always in my corner cheering me on. You "get" me. I love you very much.