,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Friday, September 25, 2009

Random

Neglected. My blog, my house, my dog, my book, my prayers, my friends, even my toenails for crying out loud. I cannot figure this full time thing out and am beginning to think this is it, how it is. My days at work are brain numbing. So much work, not enough time to get it all done and beginning 10/5 it is all mine. This is not my style...I am a great second fiddle and feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders with all of the responsibility for getting the claims out and money in for this practice. Hopefully, in a few months I will look back on this entry and realize I was just being silly. There is good stuff too. Jim has expanded his cooking repertoire and cooks dinner for us on the days that he works from home. I love that! Also, as overloaded as I feel at work, the girls have adjusted to my presence and seem to actually like me. Huge! This was a tough/tight crowd. Another thing, they finally hired a 3rd receptionist so I never have to fill in again (unless 2 of them are out at the same time). So I can fully concentrate on my own job and I am no longer the new girl. I have been asked to sit in on every Monday night meeting with the doc's and office manager and they seem to value what I have to say and have implemented some of my suggestions.
Kate informed me today that she has accepted a part time job at Tommy's Tanning in Oxford. Terrific that she is trying to earn extra money to pay for school. She is such a hard worker...never misses a day of work or school. I am just concerned about where she will be working. If you know Kate you know that working in a tanning salon would be like me getting a job in a bakery. I saw on the news that using tanning beds is like ingesting arsenic, it is that deadly. You know, I spent countless summers coating that child with SPF 30+ and it is so disheartening that she has probably undone all of that and then some. Is it possible to disconnect when your kids are doing something harmful to their bodies...the body that I took such good care of for so long. Is that the right thing to do? Stay quiet? I need help in this area. I need more help now being a Mom than I did when they were babies. Mostly because it is hard to just let go. They are grown ups and I am not in charge anymore. And even tho no one in this world has their best interests at heart more than me, it is not my job anymore. My mind understands that, my heart does not.
Quick flip...
Jim went down to visit John for lunch and he had a wonderful day. It is chilly here tonight and Jim has opened the window. Crisp air tinged with the smell of burning wood is wafting into the family room. Tofu is snugged up tight with me in "our" chair. Kate and I will attend a baby shower for our cousin Leslie tomorrow. Jim's sisters will be there and it will be so good to see them.
It's getting late and I should wrap this up. If you have hung in for this entire post, thanks and have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment