We are surviving missing Zachary. The missing him comes in waves for me. Last week I had a complete meltdown the night before school started here in Naug., and I realized that I had nothing to prepare for. It is just plain weird trying to figure out how to cook for only 3. Several nights we ate dinner watching "Cash Cab" in the family room. It's not bad, just different.
Kate started school last week and she was happy enough to let Jim take her "front porch" picture. I think it must be strange for her as well to be here by herself with Jim and I.
They have scheduled Jim's meniscus surgery for November. Now we just wait and hope the pain stays manageable. He is hanging in and remaining positive, which totally amazes me considering he has been in pain for over 2 months.
Labor Day is almost here and I will have 4 days off in a row. We have nothing planned which actually feels nice. Think we might go and pick some peaches here http://www.lymanorchards.com/about/ and sample the seasons first cider donuts. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!


Looking good Kate - I like the thumbs up! ~ brudda
ReplyDelete