,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Sun was Shining!

Last night Jim and I attended the wedding of Rebekah and Cliff. The dark clouds rolled out and ushered in sunny skies and clean fresh air. Against the weather odds...the ceremony was held on a lush, grassy hilltop...overlooking the Connecticut River. A beautiful backdrop for a wonderfully touching and sweet ceremony. The birds were singing and a warm,balmy breeze was blowing as the key participants made their way across the lawn. It was a "take your breath away" kind of moment. I reached over and squeezed Jim's hand, Bob and Karen's little girl was getting married. It was magical.
After the ceremony, the guests were welcomed on a lovely stone patio for cocktails and appetizers. We then made our way into the ballroom for a wonderful meal and some fun! It was a memorable night. Congratulations Cliff and Bekka!

Cliff...waiting and watching for Bekka.



The maids of honor...Kelly and Rachel. Beautiful and relaxed as they made their way across the lawn.
Here comes the bride with her Dad and Mom by her side.

Andrew and Kelly sang a beautiful duet.

Rachel, reading from Colossians.





The vows
This was the view


Nick and his fiancee Bre, enjoying a moment before heading inside.



Mary, me, the joyous Momma...Karen, and Chris. So great to be together!


Me and my sweety.


1 comment:

  1. WOW What a beautiful spot!!! Where was it??? Ann

    ReplyDelete