Saturday-
I tried to sleep in...impossible for me. I eeked out 6:30, 1 hour past my usual wake up time. Tofu and I started the laundry, brought the stinky grass clippings out from the garage to the driveway, then cleaned and straightened the downstairs. I made our breakfast and then settled in on th LR couch to eat and try and make some progress with my book.
-Kate comes down and makes her breakfast, coffee in the french press and heads off to work.
-Zach wakes up and informs me that he has a head cold, takes some Advil, makes his breakfast and goes back upstairs to get ready for work.
-Jim stumbles down opens the freezer and grumbles something about the whole grain frozen waffles that I bought. He is not happy.
-Nick has managed to sleep in in spite of the commotion from the others. He came out of his room around 10:30 with a smile and a pleasant "good morning" for me. Nice.
I finished up with the laundry. Zach asked me if I could make his bed "nice" (he just sort of drags the covers over the mattress) I told him that I would. I stripped everything and now his comforter is hanging outside to dry. He will have a fresh bed to crawl into tonight...a nice treat for a sick boy. Jim stripped our bed and we then made it together. I then proceeded with general straightening of the upstairs...doing things that I cannot get to during the week. Then I showered and dropped Zach's car off at Rob's with Jim. We went to get dogfood, out for a quick lunch, and up to Sears to pick up our new grill. I had planned to make a nice meal for dinner, but Jim went on a jaunt with Rob up to Bethlehem and I had to fetch Zach from work. After the boys unloaded the grill...we decided on pizza for dinner. Fine by me.
Sunday-
Zach woke up feeling punk, so Jim, Nick and I went off to church w/o him. Stopped at Brueggers for bagels and Starbucks afterward. Then grilled out hot dogs and burgers on the new grill for lunch. We lingered around the table after lunch which was very pleasant. After lunch Zach and I went to the American Eagle outlet in Beacon Falls, to our dismay...it was closed. Watched some Alaskan survival show with Jim and Nick. I wanted to wash my car so Jim offered to help me. We vacumned and scubbed it clean. Finally, I accomplished something. I came in to make a good meal. Nick introduced us to Nutella and so we had strawberries and Nutella for desert...yum! Whew.... right before bed I ironed all of my scrubs for the week. Nighty night!


My view from my front porch reading spot
Sunday night dinner...Jim's famous potatoes,
Crispy fish
and dessert...thanks Nick!

No comments:
Post a Comment