,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Monday, April 20, 2009

Some Weekend Fun

Like everyone, our weekends are usually busy. This weekend was no exception. The difference is, it wasn't just housework and yardwork busy...we had some fun. Kate and I were up early on Saturday and so we did a little shopping and had breakfast out. Yum! I then headed over to "The Hills" for Bekka's lovely shower. Her creative family and new family chose a garden theme, and everything was so beautiful.
Since Jim and I knew we had a lot of home things to accomplish on Sunday, we decided to attend the Sat. night service at Black Rock and turned it into a date night. After church we bought dinner at Danny's Drive-In and took our food over to the Harborside Restaurant parking lot to watch the sun set over the water. Then we drove up to Paradise Green and had ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins. Simple, but so perfect.
Sunday was dedicated to yardwork. (Rachel..the bulb has been planted) If Jim can get out of bed this morning, I will be shocked. He worked so hard...from dawn to dusk, literally. Zach was out there working right along with us. He keeps asking what we will do when he is at school, and honestly I don't have an answer. Condo living is looking good to me this morning.


So pretty

Gifts galore

Getting ready for slideshow/games

Gifts...

Gifts...
and more gifts! (Chris, this is yours and Maria's)

Date night...

The Devon bridge




3 comments:

  1. What a lovely, productive weekend! I love hearing about long-time couples still enjoying dates together! You two are such a sweet pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEEE utiful pictures Patti - mostly because you are in one:) I loved seeing the showe pics too. You are too sweet to take one for me. It was killing me not being there. It's times like this living far stinks!!! Love to all Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) love going shoppin n out to bfast with you! we should make it a weekly thing
    2.) wheres dad looking in the picture?!!

    ReplyDelete