,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sundays Mean Football

We are deviating from the usual Sunday and heading down to Brooklyn after church. The typical Sunday is church, followed by a day of football viewing. Jim and Zachary (John too) are Giants fans and I have become one by association. Jim also likes the Cowboys and Patriots (except when they play the Giants). If the Giants are playing they both "suit up" in their game garb. Zach wears his Giants jersey, and Jim his Giant hoodie. Then they both settle down in the family room for several hours of yelling and whooping at the TV (and calling John during commercials to discuss what's happening). If I can stand the noise, I join them. If the Giants win...the jersey and hoodie must not be washed. There was a long while this season when those shirts were desperate for a trip thru the washer. I overheard one of them say that the Giants don't play today, so we won't be racing back from NY. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment