
What a glorious weekend. 65 degrees yesterday! Today the sun is shining and it feels warm already at 8am. I have been cleaning all weekend and it felt wonderful to crawl into a fresh bed last night in a clean bedroom under a comforter that had spent the better part of the day flapping in the warm sun. Tonight...the kids will have that same pleasure as I am flying thru the rest of the upstairs today. Already their bedding is outside drying.
I remember when I was little, the tell-tale sign that spring had arrived were fresh clean curtains on my bedroom windows. White cape cods for winter and flowing shears for spring and summer. Each was special. The winter curtains meant chilly, cozy nights around the fire, Sunday roast beef dinners and all the comforts of home. The spring shears meant bike riding, swimming, and reading at night in my room as the curtains danced in the breezes coming in the open windows.
Isn't it the simple things that make us the happiest? I know that its true for me.
Happy Sunday everyone. I hope that your day is full of simple blessings that will make you happy!




I imagined and felt every bit of your post! So peaceful. Thanks for the reminder to remeber the little things! Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove you too France! Thanks for the sweet comment.XO
ReplyDelete