Anyway, I have a few Easter/Spring decorations that I put out each year. The kids really look foward to me putting out and filling "Grandma's Egg" , a ceramic egg shaped candy dish that Jim's mom used to put out at Easter time. I washed it and put it out on Monday, but had yet to buy any candy. I heard the clink of them checking it for the past few days, and yesterday they actually told me that it was a tease to put it out empty. Well, I filled it last night with their fav's...Cadbury mini-eggs and foil covered chocolate eggs and am wondering how long it will take them to discover this fact.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Family Traditions
I don't know how it is with other families, but my kids love tradition. If we do something more than once to celebrate a holiday or other special occasion...that's it, it is a tradition. I have seen one or more of them actually get upset if I don't do something exactly the same as the year before. I think it's sweet and really try and keep up with the traditions that we have started. I also think that it is good to have some things that you can count on staying the same, even little things. My Mom still keeps some of our family's traditions going to this day. I find that very comforting.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





mmm. save some for me - jk
ReplyDelete