,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Hero

I read a few blogs regularly and have come to realize that the entries with pictures are the most fun. Long blog entries without pics can lose me midway. The bad news is I have no pictures to post today, the good news is this will be short.
Last night the four of us were eating dinner. Tofu scratched to go out and I opened the door to let her. I always turn the light on for her at night, and watch her the whole time (hawks). Well, last night I was involved in a lively conversation at the table and I neglected to do both, I just waited at the door for her to come back on the deck. Next thing I know there was a scuffle on the deck and two pairs of eyes staring up at me. Tofu and some other huge beast. I screamed "coyote", and ran out on the deck to rescue Tofu. Talk about adrenaline...my heart almost flew out of my chest. Tofu ran off the deck and the beast went after her. Kate and Zach remained seated (thanks for your concern kids). Jim jumped right up, grabbed a golf club that had been left by the back door and went out into the backyard. What he found was Tofu doing her business and a ginormous mystery dog watching. Thank goodness for me (and Tofu) that we have a fearless protector. Unfortunately for me (if you have kids you know from which I speak) I am now the fodder for countless jokes about "Coyote's"... the price I pay for being a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment