Today we are sending in Zachary's confirmation that he will be attending the University of New Haven. Can this be possible? Our sweet Zachy doodle (we really call him that) has grown up and is going to college. It is a joyous time, but for me, his mommy, melancholy. Really, where has the time gone. I know that is cliche, but it is so true.Zach and I filled out the acceptance paperwork yesterday afternoon. We then took the vinyl window cling that came in the envelope and together, stuck it on the rear window of our car. It was a moment. We hugged and kissed to seal it...and that's that.
Zach is so excited to begin this chapter of his life. He cannot wait. He was invited to do his first semester abroad, in London and although he is going to decline..he seriously considered it. I asked him if that might be too much of a change first thing and wouldn't he be concerned about getting homesick. He laughed it off, and told me not to be silly. He is anxious to spread his wings and I am so proud of his fearlessness.
Zachy, it is a complete joy to be your Mom. You make me proud every day. I am awestruck by your determination and willpower. You are rough and tough, but so sweet and loving as well. On we go...








No comments:
Post a Comment