,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Fun

I am about to go and cook dinner for my guys, but have been fooling around with blog stuff and have figured out ( I think), how to sign each entry. Here goes...


Oh my gosh, it worked. Amazing!!! Well, I pooped Jim out today with errands and grocery shopping. Since we were going to spend and extended amount of time together today, and we were both tired from a busy week, we made a pact this morning to be patient, kind and loving to each other. To make this easier, we decided that I should drive. We started off at the Whittemore Library, then zipped over to the car wash for 2 passes thru. We then dashed to the Southbury Stop and Shop for the weekly shopping. So far so good. We were greeted at the door by a friendly gal, who asked us if we would like to use this new system of shopping called "easy shop". Basically, you carry around this little scan gun and scan and bag your items as you go. It keeps a running tally and also alerts you to any sale items along the way. It also chirps when there is a secret sale item that only people using "easy shop" are privy to. The big plus is...no check out. You just go to a register, scan that you are done and a receipt prints out, and you are good to go. Sounded great to me. I am up for anything that makes this dreaded chore faster and easier. We decided to give it a whirl. Ten minutes into this experience, we knew that we had made a big mistake. Produce alone took us 1/2 hr. Jim was actually clenching his jaws together by the time we got to the frozen food so he could remain "patient, kind and loving", and HE DID IT!!! Thanks honey, I know it took some real self control. And I must say "kudos" to Stop and Shop for finding a way to not only charge you a fortune for your groceries, but you get to do all the work (scanning, bagging) as well. Whew, I got a little long winded today, but here's a quick tip. You may in the future be tempted to try out this new method of shopping. You will see the shiny, purple scan gun with the pretty red laser light. The friendly girl who greets you at the door will be very convincing. Here comes my tip. RUN, run as fast as you can. Progress and technology is not always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment