Zach is back to school. It is very nice that we did not have to say goodbye to him this semester, as he is living at home. He is so very busy with classes and work that sometimes it seems that he does not live here. He has stayed over with his friends a few nights, which is great for him if he wants to get away from home for a bit.
The last classes that Kate needed to take for her pre req's were full, so she is not a student this semester. She is still working full time and on most weekends she goes down to North Branford to stay with Jeff. Jeff has been to our house for dinner a few times this summer and because of this Kate seems more content in general. She is no longer living 2 separate lives. It is certainly not perfect, but still a work in progress.
The end of Summer is always a bit sad for me, and I have been feeling somewhat melancholy with the shortening of the days. I think because of last winter which is still so vivid in my memory. Jim has been shopping for a ginormous snow blower and I feel that if he buys one we will be guaranteed a mild winter....cause that's the way it always goes.
Looking forward to more warm sunny days and cool, starry nights. Football season began last week and I feel the need to bake an apple pie. Hope that you are enjoying these last few days of Summer too!
First day shot.
Still getting tomatoes. A bit funny...I kept wondering why some of the cherry tomatoes were not getting ripe. They just turned yellow, cracked and then fell off the vine. I finally tasted one and realized that I must have purchased yellow tomatoes. So many were wasted with my stupidity. Anyway, they are yummy.




No comments:
Post a Comment