Zach is home this weekend. He came home with so many wonderful things to say about UNH. He likes all of his suitemates. He is also having great sucess so far with his classes. His criminal justice class is particularily interesting for him. It is so much fun to hear about all of the new things that he is experiencing.
I am finally feeling better and my lungs are on an upward trend. I hardly coughed yesterday and actually had a normal amount of energy. It has been almost a month since I got sick and it has been an uncomfortable month of coughing, wheezing, chest x-rays and Dr. visits, all the while trying to keep up at work and home. According to my Dr., I should to schedule some pulmonary function tests soon. Anyway, it feels very good to feel better.
The three of us spent Saturday shopping for some warm clothes for Zach. He is still on his get/stay fit journey and nothing fits him from last year. I love that he is living healthy.
Kate will be away on her birthday, so last night we celebrated her 24th birthday. She requested chicken and dumplings for her birthday meal and "the " cake that I always bake for the kids birthdays. I asked Kate is she wouldn't rather a bought cake, or an ice cream cake and she declined. They are still not sick of "the" cake.
Sunday Jim, Zach and I attended the 10:10 service at church and shared a pew with a friend who is searching for spiritual answers. I was very moved to see and hear how God is trying to get her attention.
After church, we drove down to the Bagel King for fresh toasted salt bagels with cream cheese. Upon arriving home, Jim and Zachary settled in for the Giants/Raiders game and I got ready to attend the wedding celebration for one of my new co-workers. This is definitely "the year of the wedding". Since last November I have attended 6 weddings, 7 if you count Jim and Pam from last Thursday. I feel like I am a wedding officianado. I have come away with great ideas if we ever have to be a part of planning a wedding. I have learned that the more personal touches and unique ideas that a couple can incorporate into their cermony and reception is greatly appreciated by the guests. It also helps us to know the couple better. The wedding today was sweet and simple and took place with the beautiful backdrop of the changing leaves and the crisp clean air of the Ct. countryside.
I made my way home by 6:30 and am now just hanging out in the family room with Jim. I hope that your weekend was fun and relaxing. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment