,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, October 31, 2009

BOO


Not so much into the halloweenie thing anymore, but I have some great memories of Halloweens gone by. The year my Dad wore a ghost costume and Mr. Lima (our neighbor) dressed up as a hippie and they took us trick-or-treating and everyone made a big fuss over them. I thought my Dad was the coolest that night. One year I dressed up as a gypsy and my Mom let me wear her big dangley earrings...what a thrill. All of us kids even paid a visit to a old local cemetary one year after sorting through all of our candy. Yikes! We always made a scarecow using my Dad's old clothes and a stuffed pillowcase for the head. We carved up pumpkins and saved the seeds for roasting. To this day the smell of cutting into a pumpkin brings back fine memories.We raked loads of leaves and spent afternoons jumping into the piles and burying eachother. Simple fun, no cell phones, no I-pods...well, you get the picture. We had so much fun, just being kids and could make alot of fun out of just about anything. Hope that you are dishing up some simple fun this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment