,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Thursday, March 5, 2009

One a Penny, Two a Penny...

Tofu has two main interests in life. The first is, she needs to be as close as is physically possible to one of her human family members at all times. Because of this need...she has come close to being crushed on several occasions because she jumps up on a chair just as you are about to sit down. Her second interest is human food. This may have come about because of her time spent begging or foraging for food while she was homeless in Central Park. She is finicky about what she will beg for. She has a few favorites...anything made with cinnamon, bread, and her current favorite...hot cross buns. As soon as she gets a whiff of one out of the package...she goes wild.

The object of her affection.



She has the scent. The fun begins.



After several spins around the dining room table, she settled here to wait patiently.It was hard for me to hold the camera and bun...but you get the idea. How can I resist this face. I am a sucker and gave her a nibble or two.


2 comments:

  1. Love that Tofu!!! Patti I wanted to give you the heads up on the robins. I saw some in my yard today. That means they are on their way up north. Keep your eyes peeled and be the first Kyte to spot one! Coming soon to your neighborhood -- the robins!!! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny about the robins. If John read your comment Chris, he will be looking like a hawk. Chances are he or Cassie will spot one first. I may have to revise things and do a seperate contest for the Connecticut Kytes. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete