Having said that, the "beast" from last week returned this morning with a vengeance. Tofu had just eaten and then scratched to go out. I was watching her and the beast appeared out of nowhere charging across our yard. In daylight I could see how huge this dog really was, it looked like a Great Dane but with floppy ears. Tofu high-tailed it up onto the deck to come in and the dog raced after her. I opened the door to get inside and the beast ran right into the house. Ok, I cannot say this word enough...YIKES! Now, I am on the deck and Tofu and the beast were inside. I did not want to go in, so I just called Tofu in the hope that the beast would follow. The beast came running into the kitchen and right to me. I put out my hand and when he didn't bite it off and started wagging his tail I felt a bit better. I grabbed his collar and dragged him outside. I was afraid of being bitten, but what else could I do. I got him out, but both of us were now on the deck. He jumped up on me and his paws were on my shoulder. I pushed him off and managed to squeeze inside. He tried to push open the door, but I turned the deadbolt. With nose and paws against the glass he threw back his head and howled. Then I felt bad. He was probably hungry and that's why he came in. I ran to the cabinet to get some food but when I went to the door, he was gone. My fearless protector slept right through all of the commotion. Nice.
On a quick side note, I guess we have a Nor'easter heading our way for later today. I'm excited! We are off to church, then to the train station to get Zach (he was with John this weekend), and then like all of the other fools...we will head to the grocery store to "stock up" on food in case we get snowbound for a day or two.

No comments:
Post a Comment