
We had dinner guests this past weekend. Nick and Bre came by on Saturday night. It is always so great to catch up with them. We got to see their new car. We got to hear all about their summer so far. Love them.
I didn't take any pictures because honestly I think people get tired of that, so I gave that a rest for the night. I did however take a picture of my pretty table. I know that Bre appreciates pretty things and so much to Jimmy's dismay I broke out the Lenox china and my Nana's silver. It looked pretty and Bre loved it.
I was being brave and tried out two new recipes. I never do that usually, but they sounded like a perfect accompanyment to my grilled cornish game hens with apricot glaze. Corn bread flavored with ginger and orange zest and grilled corn with cilantro lime butter. Thank goodness both were good, but the cilantro lime butter stole the show. I am posting it here for you. Make it and you will not be sorry. We had grilled swordfish last night and I put a pat of it on after it came out of the oven and it was delish. Bre put it on her baked potato. I think that you could spread it on toasted corn bread and you may die from happiness. Here is the recipe...just for you.
¾ cups chopped Cilantro
1 stick Butter, Room temperature
2 teaspoons Lime Zest
juice from 1/2 lime
1 pinch Salt

¾ cups chopped Cilantro
1 stick Butter, Room temperature
2 teaspoons Lime Zest
juice from 1/2 lime
1 pinch Salt
Mix everything together. Plop mixture in the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap. Fold wrap over butter and with your fingers, form into a cylindrical log. twist ends of wrap and place in freezer until hard. Cut into pats and store in fridge. It won't last long.





I'm salivating. Really. That was one of the best meals I've ever had - from a taste and decor standpoint:) You are an awesome hostess/cook. Your family is very blessed to have you taking care of them!
ReplyDeleteAlways great to see you guys too. We're having you guys over next! Until then, enjoy the rest of this summer and your vacation:)
Love,
Bre