So, my vacation was so wonderful that for my first three days back at work I was still on a bit of an "ocean buzz". It was great! Then, each night I came home and had a nibble from the block of NestlingDuck fudge that was left over from the trip. I ate the last of it on Thursday and it seems like my vacation mood magic ended when the fudge was gone. I have tons of pictures that I will post soon.
It has begun to rain here in Ct and so I guess that hurricane Irene has officially arrived. It is a gentle soaking rain, no scary stuff yet. We are ready, thanks to Jim. He singlehandedly emptied, cleaned, and closed up the camper. He transfered some of the camping things, like the gas stove and lanterns, up to the dining room table...just in case. He shopped for the appropriate food and snacks. It feels wonderful to be so very well taken care of.
We got a phone call from Kate early this morning. Her car had broken down big time along the highway out in Cheshire. Jim popped right out of bed and set out to rescue her. No complaining that his "sleep in" day had just gone down the tubes. He had her on speaker phone as he grabbed for his shirt and shorts and I heard her say "I am so sorry Daddy that I had to wake you up" and Jim answered back "Sweety, don't be sorry, I love helping you". And he really does. Simple things that I am so grateful for.
One of Zach's friends from UNH is riding out the storm with us. The college made all of the newly arrived student go home because of the impending hurricane. Kyle is from Maine and so we are lucky to have him with us this weekend.
I will close with a picture from our vacation.
Sunset from Prouts Neck in Cape Elizabeth. Our bellies were full of Lobster and we were on our way to get some ice cream.





No comments:
Post a Comment