,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Family Day

Along with Jim's Aunt Jackie, Jim and I headed out to upstate New York on Saturday for a family picnic. In my usual style, I brought along my camera but never took any pictures. Jim however had the smarts to fish out the camera from my bag and take a few shots. He gets a ton of inspiration from our great nephew Alex, who put on an impromptu show for us of songs and dance moves. So cute!

We got to meet Aunt Jackie's first grandbaby, Wyatt. Cutie pie! Linda and Taylor were here from Texas and it is always so great to be with them. Mid afternoon Kate and Zach showed up. What a big surprise! They didn't need Zach at work so they jumped in Kate's new car (more later) and made the 3 hour drive so that they could see everyone. The first picnic of the summer, family all around, chubby cheeked babies, lots of laughter...it does not get any better than that.







Horseback riding

Zach took a spin on the horse too




Kate too


Alex has a love affair going with Kate's legs...so funny!


The show begins. Tom and Alex...knuckles




Itsy bitsy spider




On the way home...back over the Hudson. Such a great Day!



1 comment:

  1. Patti
    Thanks for the photos and all of the news.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete