,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jim and Patti

With Zach at school and Kate working 2 jobs and taking 2 classes, Jim and I are pre-empty nesters. It is really the best of both worlds. We get alot of alone time and both kids still call our house---home. Unlike most, I am not looking forward to the "empty nest". I love having my kids around me and if John and Cassie called tomorrow and asked to move in..I would be delighted. Jim and I didn't know much when we got married, but one thing we did know is that we wanted a big family. Unfortunately, we ran out of time (and money) to add more to our bunch.
Whew. What I am getting around to is Jim and I spent all day together running Easter errands and having some fun in between. And then Kate, Zach, and Tina were around last night for a bit to liven things up.

After picking up the Easter ham we had lunch at the Stratford boat launch. Then we drove down to Lordship and walked along the seawall.

It was such a clear day that you could see all the way to Long island.

I did not know that Stratford had a working lighthouse. Jim drove us down a hidden road so that I could see it.

The cemetery was one of our stops. Kate and Zach had put in some plants and we wanted to see their handiwork. This is Jim's weird sense of humor. I don't think Arlene would have liked it at all.
Tofu felt the same way!

Back home, I quickly boiled up the eggs to be colored. I had a mini Easter miracle. None of the eggs cracked while boiling!

So pretty. After our time in Milford and Stratford....Jim was missing our Mom's. He made eggs for Audrey and Arlene. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment