
Spring is really here. The street sweepers were out last week brushing up the sand residue from our snowy winter. Warm days and cool nights...my fav!
This is the second weekend of yard related chores. Last weekend Zachary was here pitching in. He is back at school so that means I need to get out there and do my part. All of the flower beds need to be cleaned out and raked before Jim puts down the fertilizer. He did one last weekend, and I did one yesterday. This is the first year that the deer have not nibbled the daffodils and tulips down to the nubs. The daffodils have been in bloom for about a week and some of the tulips have their buds. It is kind of fun to clear away the dead stems and debree from last years plants and flowers and see what is popping up. Last year Zach dug up a huge non-blooming hydrangea and I transplanted close to one that blooms profusley. I was happy to see new green growth on it yesterday. Also, the cherry tree that the kids gave to Jimmy last year has many delicate pink buds up and down the branches. So happy that it survived it's first winter!
Well, I should wrap this up and get outside. Happy spring cleaning everyone!





No comments:
Post a Comment