,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sick Day

Still feeling pretty bad, but I had a brightspot around 5 pm. I showered and put on a brand new pair pj's that my Mom gave me for Christmas. Yup...I have a Mom who gives me 2 sets of pajamas every year and has done that as far back as I can remember. One fancy, and one snuggly. I put the snuggly set on last night after my shower and they felt like a big hug. I was running a fever and they chased the chills away.Tonight, it's the fancy set. I feel like a new person! The only bad part about wearing them when I am sick is I cannot smell that new pj smell because I am so stuffed up. This is the next best thing to feeling her smooth, cool hand on my forehead to check if I have a fever, or having her here to make me cinnamon toast and tea. No matter how old we get...there is nothing like your mothers touch to make things better and my new pj's are like having a bit of her right here in Ct. Love you very much Mom.


1 comment:

  1. I love the new look. Happy anniversary for a year's worth of blogging:) It has truly been great seeing how you guys are doing. You have a gift for writing and I look forward to reading another year of blessings and bits of the Kyte family. Hope you are feeling better. I can't believe I will see you in 9 days. Love Chris

    ReplyDelete