,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quiet Sunday

It's almost noon. Jim is upstairs painting Kate's bedroom and I am directly below him in the living room in my favorite spot (couch facing the fireplace). The steady whooshing of the paint roller above me makes me realize that I should be doing something more productive than just sitting here fiddling with the blog.
It is a dark and dismal day and Jim tells me that we are expecting heavy rain and flash flooding later. I wish that it would be snow. I am 49 years old and a good snowstorm still thrills me. Still the heavy rain will wash all of the sand covered streets and dirty cars...so it's all good.
I have 3 cornish game hens to roast for our dinner today. Waiting to see if Kate will be home...if not I'll just make "Florida Spaghetti" for Jim and I. The cornish hens can wait until Kate is here tomorrow night.
There are "important" football games on today. Ok, to clarify, important to football followers...but not so much to me. I asked Jim this morning who he was routing for and he explained it all to me. I feel like my eyes must of glazed over mid explanation because he made the tail end short and sweet. So, during the games I plan on cleaning our bedroom top to bottom. Jim and Zach moved Jim's office stuff back into the guest room last week so both rooms are in dire need of some organizing, dusting and vacuuming.
I took down the Christmas lights and decorations from outside yesterday. Christmas is officially packed away. It is sooooo good to feel healthy again and get some of these things accomplished. I am finally starting to feel on top of things again, at home and at work as well.
It is staying light out longer these days. I drove home last week at 5:30 and barely needed my headlights. Very exciting!
I hear Jim cleaning up above me so I should wrap this up. I promised Tofu a walk before the rain falls. Have a great week everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment