,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Friday, January 1, 2010

Blessings Blessings

Happy 2010! I am posting New Year's eve pics before my Christmas pics, and if you know me at all...my obsessive side is screaming NO, don't do it. I must however because some of my Christmas photo's are on a disposable camera that I have not developed yet. It could be a while, and I need to write about my yesterday while it is still fresh.
First off, I am sitting in my favorite holiday spot. Fire lit...

the pup in her usual spot, snugged up tight by my side. Jim is the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast. I woke up with another chest cold and so he is doing his usual clean up/can I get you anything dance. Love that. Love that this chest thing held off til the holidays were over. Shocking, since I am so over exposed to germs now.
Anyhow, yesterday was amazing. As you may recall, 2009 was the year of the wedding for us. They began with John and Cassie (Nov.2008), Gary and Sue (Feb.), Cliff and Bekka (June), Andrew and Kelley (Aug), Chris and Nicole (Aug.), and Alex and Anne (Oct.). We were even invited to a wedding out in Minnesota...Bobby and Dana, that we were unable to attend. It seemed quite fitting to close out the year with another wedding.
Back in May, Jim and I mentored the sweetest couple through a program at our church in Fairfield. Matt and Sharon came into our lives last May and honestly I think Jim and I benefited more from our time together. God is so good. Yesterday, on the last day of 2009, they spoke the sweetest vows to each other before a tiny group that included only their immediate family, us, and God. Where two or more are gathered in his name... in a quaint, old (1800's) white, New England chapel, it was all about the love. It snowed all morning and it was the perfect setting for a winter wedding. I choked up midway through the ceremony, and looked over at Jim just in time to see a tear slip down his cheek.
Matt and Sharon. All about their love and their love for God. Sharon wore a classy knee length organza dress reminiscent of something from the 40's. Her hair was swept gently back and her chin length veil topped off the vintage look perfectly. Matt was so handsome in his smoky grey pinstripe suit. They injected their fun funky side too...Sharon wore leopard print flats and Matt was wearing leopard print socks...cute!




Lighting the unity candle.


Setting up for the first kiss.
Pastor Dan. LOVE him. A timely message on marriage crafted so personally for this couple.

They wanted pictures with us too!
Such a happy moment for all of us.
They had a cake reception afterward. The cake was decorated with the lyrics from "their song". Very cool!
Afterward, Jim and I headed home to put together the food that we were bringing to Andrew and Kelley's New Year party and then dashed back out for the evening's festivities
Battle of the Sexes. Girls
Guys

Buds
Waiting for the big moment

Snuggling up just a few minutes before midnight
Andrew and Kelley's cozy home. Such a fun night.
A day/year full of God's abundant blessings! Happy New Year everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Patti!!! we LOVED havin g you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! We just saw your blog on facebook and as a pleasant surprise, we are in it! LOL! We love you two and we appreciated your presence so much at our wedding.

    Love,

    Matt and Sharon

    ReplyDelete