,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Seasons Greetings


Christmas is just around the corner. I love this season and I really try to slow down and savor each moment. After I became a true believer in Jesus, the Christmas season has had an even richer and more poignant tug on my heart. Still, I am over the moon with all of the fun traditions and sparkly lights. Hey, it is the lead up to the biggest birthday celebration of all and I think it should be done up right. I don't even mind the shopping, the hustle bustle of it all. I came out of a small shop in Woodbury the other day to the first soft snowflakes of the season. Someone had a wood fire burning and the air was so crisp it stung the inside of my nose. I get to live in New England at Christmas! I have not been many places, but I know that this is the place to be at this time of year! I loaded my packages into my car and my heart felt so light.
I hope you all are slowing things down long enough to have a few of these moments for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment