This is a pasta dish that my whole family loves. A bunch of people have e-mailed me for the recipe...so here goes. Easy and I usually have all of the ingredients. When I have leftover pork chops or roast, I have sliced it thin and added it in. Grilled chicken is good in this as well, but honestly it stands on it's own very nicely...with no meat.

I prefer fresh, this works well too.

A splurge, but worth it.

The olives add salty texture.

Pasta with lines.

Sweet firm tomatoes. I have used cherry tomatoes too. Grape tomatoes don't hold up in this recipe. Use the whole package.

Pour enough olive oil in the bottom of a large non-stick saute pan to cover.

Add 3-4 cloves chopped garlic and begin to heat on low. Do not allow garlic to brown.

Half tomatoes like this and add to oil, face down.

The juice from the tomatoes prevents garlic from over cooking. Turn heat up to medium and allow tomatoes to simmer gently.

Chop a large bunch of parsley, reserve a smal amount for garnish. Add parsley to tomatoes and oil.

Sprinkle with about this much kosher salt. Approx 1/2tsp. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste. I use about 1/2 tsp.

When tomatoes are soft (10 min), mash them down with spoon so that they release all of their juice.

Add this much dried basil or a good amount of fresh chopped (better).

Add 1 box pasta to boiling salted water. Cook until al dente.

Add 1 can olives. Stir.

Add approx 1/4 cup parmesan. Stir.

Add 1 pat butter and a few spoonfuls of the salted pasta water... stir until melted in. Drain cooked pasta and return to pot. Add finished sauce scraping bottom of pan to get every bit, mix well.

Transfer to large serving platter. Garnish with parmesan and reserved parsley. Serve.
Oh my this looks delicious!! I will make it when Mike gets home. He will love it. Slurging on the parmesan reggiano is so worth the added flavor. Thanks for the pict with the recipe. Now I will be cooking with you when I make it. Love ya
ReplyDelete