27 years ago, right around this time, Daddy and I were in the car heading to Bridgeport Hospital for a day that would change our lives forever. We were becoming parents for the first time. We were so young and in some ways naïve to what was in store for us. December 10, 1982 changed everything. It was just around dinner time when they handed you to me for the first time, all wrapped up tightly, with your little red face peeking out and your little lips pursed. You felt so good and you fit just right in my arms. It was as if they had been empty for so long and now they were filled with what was meant to be in them. That moment is deep down in my memory, as clear right now as it was then. I remember looking at the window and seeing snowflakes float by and thinking, I am the luckiest girl alive. And I still am…but it is so much more than luck. Happy Birthday sweet boy.
Love,
Mom




No comments:
Post a Comment