,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jim has had a few scary complications from his surgery, but I am finally happy and relieved to say that today things seem to be better. Whew. I was also thinking that of all the people that I know who have had surgery, none have escaped without some sort of complication. Surgery of any kind is just plain scary.
I also realized just how close Jimmy and I are. I can read his body language and just know that something is up. Friday night he had an incident and we found ourselves in the Emergency room and I felt myself actually experiencing his symptoms. When his pulse became elevated, I felt mine pounding as well. When the medication that they gave him started resolving the problem and he fell asleep, I could relax as well. I have lived with this man for 27 years and he is part of me. No one can make me laugh as hard, wound me enough to make me cry, make me feel as loved, make me so angry, make me feel safe and taken care of and boost my self esteem the way he can. We are in this til the end and there is something pretty cool about that. I am cooking all of his favorites today. Zach is home for the Giants game. Today is a great day.


Feeling better



1 comment:

  1. Hey Pat - this post reminds me of the songs "Lost It" by Kenny Chesney. Have you heard it? Look it up on youtube. -rachel

    ReplyDelete