,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Good friends, the Chair and Blessings

We have had a difficult past few days, but today...the world seems right again. Thanks in part to the new chair. Jim's pain from surgery came barreling in around 10pm on Thursday. The nurse told him to take his first Percocet at bedtime on Thursday. Too late. By waiting so long the pain was all the more difficult to get back under control. He was so uncomfortable and spent most of the night awake, downstairs on the couch, and unable to get up. Trying to avoid another bad night, he asked me to go up to Costco and buy a recliner that we had seen. I headed up there, but there was no one available to help me get it on a cart and load it into my car. Night #2 was worse and I realized that come hell or high water I was going to get that chair on Saturday. I headed up there again and said a quick prayer on the way that someone would be there to help me. I made sure the chair was still there and started to make my way up to the service desk and there shopping for a new phone were our friends Rob and Veronica. We chatted for a few minutes and when I explained why I was there, Rob just took charge and followed me over to the chair and had it loaded on my cart in no time flat. I paid for it, and the Costso people loaded it in to my car. Rob told me he would meet me back at home to get it in the house. He showed up with his kids and with their help not only got the chair in and out of the box but put it together, and settled it in the corner of the family room. Rob and Veronica are the best kind of friends that anyone could ever have. They are the kind of people that you could call in the middle of the night and they would be by your side in a matter of minutes. I know Rob was busy with the kids and Halloween, but he just dropped everything to help me. If you are a person of faith, like me...you know that it was no coincidence that he was there at Costco at that precise moment.
Jim climbed into the chair last night and had the first complete night of sleep since last Wednesday.

Comfortable at last


No comments:

Post a Comment