,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Once Again...My Hero

You may already know this, but I need to tell you something about the guy that I am married to.
I had a crazy first day at my new job. It was so intense and busier than I ever could imagine. We saw 94 patients. I staggered out at 6, and managed to drive myself home.
When I walked in the door, Jim had the kettle boiling and a cup of tea ready to go for me. He made a beautiful dinner and then cleaned it all up, all the while listening to every detail of my day...interested in every way. He offered to rub my feet, and then when I had a semi-meltdown due to all my pent up nervousness...he ushered me upstairs where he had my pj's laid out for me. OK, that's just the beginning and you may be thinking...all of that is perfectly normal for a loving sweet guy to do for his wife. Here is where he turned into a super hero...
Zachary called on his way home to tell us that he had a migraine headache and that he was nauseous. We offered to come and get him, but he thought he would be OK to drive. He wasn't. About 10 minutes from home he vomited in the car while he was driving. (Poor Zachy, he was sooo sick) Anyway, without complaining or calling me for help Jim and Kate cleaned it all up. It took them over an hour. (*That was above and beyond sisterly duties...thank you Kate for helping Daddy)
Jim, you take such excellent care of us and you really came through for me yesterday. No surprise, because that is just you...but oh so very much appreciated. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Were you up at 3:45 am to post this? Oh Patti I will be praying for you as you adjust and learn on your new job. What a blessing that Jim was to you and all the wonderful things you wrote about him will bless him also. You have a great family. We are blessed that Nick will be under your roof come summer. Give your hero a hug from all of us.
    Love always
    Chris

    ReplyDelete