It's Saturday morning. The first day of my 3 day breather from work. I am so excited! I have a million things to do and can't wait to get started. My plan for today is to get the spare bedroom ready for Nick. He arrives next weekend. :-) Later on, Jim and I are heading out to get a gift for our mentor couple. Next week is our last meeting with them and we want to get them something to commemorate their commitment to their future marriage and also something to remember us by.Tomorrow Kelley and her fiancee Andrew are singing together in church...can't wait for that. After church I want to go and get all my annuals and tomato and herbs for my garden. Gotta get them in the ground this weekend.
Hopefully Monday we will go to the parade. I am making Mulligan to celebrate the day. No hot dogs, no hamburgers. Mulligan is a hot sausage and pepper "stew" that we serve on fresh rolls. The original recipe is from my Grandpa Gay. It is really an Italian tasting dish...but he chose an Irish name to make it his own. We all love it!
I am going to try and squeeze in some cleaning and definitely some reading time on the front porch. I am beside myself with excitement!




I hope it is a great weekend for you Patti. Sounds fun and exciting! Love that you enjoyed your time with your mentor couple. God has you in a wonderful ministry with much of yourselves to give. Love you all Chris
ReplyDelete