,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hello

I made two small silly New Years resolutions back in January. Really silly, but do-able. I am still having some sleep issues and so one night before bed I took a warm bath and it really helped me stay asleep all night. So my first resolution was to take more baths. I thought jazzing up my tub area would entice me so I filled a basket with bath goodies and flameless candle, piled some fluffy white towels in the corner, bought a beautiful soap dish. Fail. I have not taken one bath since I made my plan. Every week I scrub the tub and tile and all that I am cleaning is dust. Boo.
My second resolution was to learn to bake and decorate cupcakes. For fun and giving, because we really cannot eat them in this house. I know that I am a few years behind the cupcake revolution but I have always been intimidated. Last year when the kids gave me my awesome mixer, all I could think of was cupcakes. A few weeks ago someone at work brought in some leftover cupcakes that she made for a bake sale. Boxed mix, canned frosting, and everyone went nuts. People love cupcakes, even sub par cupcakes. Last weekend I sifted through all of my cupcake files on my computer and chose the easiest recipe from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. Vanilla, vanilla. Guess what...I actually made a delicious homemade cupcake. I think that the frosting method can make or break the finished product so I followed this technique and came pretty close frostingcupcakes Next week I will try chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and use a pastry bag for the frosting. Yikes! Silly and fun. Today I will dust and clean out the bathtub again in the hope that a bath is in my near future.
It is snowing (finally) here this morning in Ct and so I planned yesterday to make a healthy big breakfast for Jim and Zach. Whole wheat blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage. It's 8:00 so I better get going. Have a great weekend!
















1 comment:

  1. chocolate peanut butter cupcakes sound like heaven!!! Rachel

    ReplyDelete