About 4 years ago the sweetest little thing came into our home that has brought us such joy. If you know us, you know that I am speaking about our little white dog, Tofu. Most likely abandoned in Central Park, found and rescued by our son John and then turned over to us one sunny August day. I see a bumper sticker every now and then that has a
paw print and the words, “who rescued who”? So true. She enriches our lives in so many ways. She has been with us in happy and not so happy times . I have cried my eyes out into her soft white fur and she has never failed to make me feel better with a nose kiss and tail wag. I believe that she helps Jim’s stress level come down to normal levels and well, I could go on and on. If you have ever been the recipient of a dog’s devotion, you know exactly what I am writing about.
The kids have on and off badgered us for another dog (even John, who
does not even live with us) for a few years. Recently we had been talking more and more about getting another dog. Two weeks ago Jim emailed me a picture of a dog bed big enough for several dogs and that opened up the discussion again.
We really wanted to do another rescue, but because Tofu is older and set in her ways we thought it best to look for a puppy so that Tofu could remain “top dog”.
Last week we drove out to
Branford to a house on the beach to look at a litter of
Morkie puppies. That’s ½ Maltese and ½ Yorkshire terrier. Of course we fell in love with all of them, but Zach chose a chubby female that the breeder had named Hazelnut. I wrote the check and she is ours. She can’t come home for another 4 weeks and honestly none of us feels very patient. We cannot wait to get her home.


That's our girl, belly up, big yawn.

Love at first sight
No comments:
Post a Comment