,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just What I Needed

The winter has not seemed long to me, just full of snow and short dark days. I really craved a family fix and some fun. I got a bit of both yesterday.

My niece Amy is getting married in May and yesterday was her bridal shower. Her sister Nicole hosted us all at her beautiful home in Sharon, MA. It was a great party. She got some beautiful things and it was fun to watch her open everything. The best part was being with our family, sitting next to my Mom, seeing John and Cassie. It was a great day!



Our first stop. Jim still loves his D&D, but is fast becoming a Starbucks convert. The bags are full of mugs that he is hunting down for a full set of 8.



My chauffeur. I took these pictures with my new phone, not the greatest but really convenient.




The happy bride to be





Cutie cousins! Nicky, Amy, Kate and Cassie



The groom's mother made the cakes.


Sisters. Nicole, Amy, Kelly and Meg





A sweet way to end the day!












No comments:

Post a Comment