,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Random Saturday


The weekend is here and we are taking a much needed break from the weather. No snow removal was done today and we have not watched any weather reports. Their was alot of buzz on Friday about another huge storm coming our way for Tuesday and for the first time in my life the possibility of more snow is not that exciting. We have enough!
So what's new?
Zachary is back and school . He had a nice long break and I got used to him being around. I miss you Zachy doodle. He is now officially a junior.
Kate was offered a full time promotion/ position at the dental office and she has accepted it. She received a healthy raise to boot! She is taking this semester off from school and has plans to start up again this summer. She is wrapping it up at Tommy's Tanning, she will work there next weekend and that will be it.
Jim attempted to begin his cardiac rehab 2 weeks ago, but suffered a setback. During his orientation the nurse took his blood pressure and it was so high that they sent him right down to the ER. They monitored him for a few hours and then sent him home with a medication change. He went back to the cardiologist last week and it still had not come down, so they added a new medication to his regime. We are now monitoring it at home and it has come down on the new med. Not terrific, but lower just the same. He will report the new readings back to the doc this week. On the brighter side, he continues to lose weight. His clothes are literally falling off of him. He is extremely compliant to his nutrition plan. I am so proud of him, it is a huge change to eat this way. Also, he does not dwell long on any setback. He just picks himself up and continues on. He is positive and that goes a long way in reeling me back in when I feel like things are out of control. There are so many blessings to where we are right now that I could not even to begin to type them all. As impossible as it seems to me, Jim will be back to work full time beginning Monday. He will also be traveling to Cincinnati the week after next. So we are taking a big, deep, breath, trusting God in all things and going foward with very grateful hearts.
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage,And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psalm 27:13-14 NKJV)

Have a great week and if you live anywhere near me...stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment