
4 day weekend for me. Yip! It's Saturday morning and everyone that calls this place home were nestled in their own beds last night. We waited for some wind and rain from the hurricane, but nothing showed up. Instead, I woke up to bright blue skies and temps in the 70's
Zach is home to help me move into a new office at work. He and Jim will put together my new workstation while I clean out an office that probably has not been thoroughly cleaned since 1975. It was originally an exam room, so there is a little sink and cabinets in one corner. Weird for an office, but I am a germaphobe so I love the idea of my OWN sink. It was painted very recently and the carpeting is fairly new and...it has a WINDOW!!! The window was painted shut, but Jim will fix that up for me today. I will actually have fresh air, not the stale ac and heat that I feel just recirculates the sick people germs. It looks pretty bad now, but when we are through I think it will be great. The thought of being at work 5 days is overwhelming to me right now, but at least I will have my own cozy space. If I remember I will bring along my camera to show the before and after.
Jim is back from a week long trip to Cincinnati. He came home worn out, so I am looking forward to taking good care of him this weekend. It is very good to have him home.
Kate started back to school this week. I did not take her front porch picture. I figure that I will do that again when she enters hygiene school next year. She has been so sick this week with a chest cold. She did not miss one class or day of work. I am so proud of her. She is a hard worker.
Zach has some really interesting classes this semester. He has already been fingerprinted twice for his fingerprinting class. He is also taking a class on the history of the Italian mafia. He is in one of the older apartment style dorms. It is a large brick building with no ac. We had temps in the 90's last week and he said he has never been so hot. It is very nice to see his happy face at the breakfast table this morning.
Well, I need to wrap this up so we can get going. Hope you all have a fun and restful Labor Day weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment