,

,
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

:(

Not feeling too cozy today. In two weeks I will be losing my Tuesday day off. Remember when I took the job, it was 36 hrs done in 4 days...but paid for 40? It was a HUGE perk. Really, the only reason that I accepted that particular offer. It appears that the docs wanted to take the day away years ago, but the previous office manager manipulated them into keeping it. She wanted to keep her day off and went to great lengths to keep it in place. The new office manager (who I really like) is more in the doctors court when it comes to managing, and she is totally on board with this change. She doesn't even mind giving up her day off one bit!
I am devastated! I work because it is necessary, but my heart is constantly called toward home and family. I believe that is how God made me...and there is no changing that. Now...the one day that I used for cleaning, errands, Dr. appointments, cooking my family a great meal, etc., is being taken away.
I am sure that there may be some who will be critical of my feelings on this matter, but I cannot change how I was made. Men and women are not created the same for a reason.

Anyway, I tried to talk it through with them, I offered an alternative plan that would keep the day off, but it was of no use. I have no choice but to comply with this change, but I am heartbroken, not only for me but for my coworkers also.

With all of that being said, I am so thankful that I have a job. I assume that I will adjust and look back on the 16 months that I had extra time for my family fondly and consider that time a blessing. After all, I look back on all the years of working part time that way.

I will get past this, but today...I am very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment